Our General English courses are designed to improve every aspect of your English. Each lesson has clear objectives that contribute to your overall progress and move you closer to achieving your language goals.
In every class, your teacher will provide you with structured learning tasks and monitor your progress, providing you with feedback to help you become more fluent and more confident communicating in English.
WHY SHOULD I CHOOSE THIS BRITISH COUNCIL COURSE?
Take a General English course and you will:
- learn with a qualified and experienced teacher
- improve your communication skills
- communicate more confidently
- improve your pronunciation
- expand your grammar and vocabulary
- build strategies to improve your English both inside and outside the classroom
- get feedback on performance
- get a certificate on successful completion of the course.
THE RIGHT LEVEL FOR YOU
We offer General English courses, which will improve your speaking, listening, reading and writing skills as well as your grammar and vocabulary. These courses are from Beginner level to Upper Intermediate.
If you are new to the British Council, you will need to take a placement test to find out which level is right for you.
HOW WILL I BE ASSESSED?
We measure your progress using continuous assessment.
We do this to help you understand what your strengths are and where there is room for improvement. We also measure your progress to see if you are ready to move on to the next General English level.
All continuous assessment is based on practical can do tasks.