The British Council would like to announce the start of registration for our face-to-face blended Primary Plus course for your child.
An English course that goes further – so your child can go further, too
Primary Plus, developed by our team of English experts, will spark your child’s imagination, so they can express themselves with confidence that goes beyond their English language skills.
Our new approach means your child will have a more rewarding learning experience, getting the most out of learning English with a combination of:
- live face-to-face classes with a specialist teacher
- interactive independent study, set by your child's teacher to prepare them for the live lesson – all in a safe, easy-to-use learning environment.
You will have access to your child’s personal dashboard. Together you can track their progress, celebrate their successes and understand where they are within their learning journey.
Term I: 2021 Dates: 15 January to 03 April 2022.
Registration Window: 09 December 2021 to 8 January 2022. Note that registration will be closed after 08 January.
Price: 4150 ETB for the 12 weeks course
Duration: 12 weeks
Age: 7-11 years
Classes will be delivered face-to-face on Saturdays and Sundays.
After reservation, please pay within 2 working days to complete registration. Remember to include your child’s name and 6-digit unique ID number in the payment description boxes and to send us the proof of payment as explained in the attached instructions.
We are sorry but we are unable to hold reservations longer than 2 days due to demand.
Please note, that if the centre must stop face-to-face courses due to changed government regulations or security issues, the British Council reserves the right to convert the course to an online offer. Unfortunately, there will be no entitlement to a credit or refund of course fees under such circumstances.
We look forward to seeing your child back in class, but in the meantime, do contact us on 0116174300 (10am-3pm) or by email to email@example.com with any questions you have.
Immersive classes with expert teachers to boost English speaking skills
Happy learners make confident speakers! There are many reasons your child will love our live classes:
- lots of time to practise speaking English, having fun learning with classmates of the same age
- small class sizes mean that our highly qualified and passionate teachers can give more personalised attention
- the chance to enjoy natural interactions and bond with classmates
- classes aren’t too long or tiring, so your child keeps their attention throughout.
Developing the life skills your child needs for their future
Your child will also develop leadership, collaboration, and critical thinking skills in a relaxed environment where they can be themselves. They will:
- work in teams or pairs to practise speaking, problem-solving and collaborating on projects with a focus on real-world topics like the natural world and the environment
- build resilience and get used to communicating and collaborating online with others in preparation for life in a global, digital world.
Deepen their learning between live face-to-face English classes
Your child will prepare for each live class with independent study, set by their teacher to complete at their own pace, so class time is more focused on improving their English-speaking skills. This part of their experience:
- helps your child understand the importance of preparation, making them feel more confident to speak in class
- helps build good habits and a love of learning English
- helps your child improve their English reading, writing and listening skills with engaging, high-quality online learning resources designed by experts
- keeps your child motivated with online exercises and activities, including quizzes and games based on real-world topics and fun characters
- gives them space to deepen their understanding of English and improve their grammar and vocabulary
- is child-friendly and easy to use, so they can work independently
- has built-in self-evaluation, so your child can feel proud of their progress and reflect on where they can improve
- includes a personalised dashboard so you and your child can understand where they are within their learning journey.
What will my child learn?