Next Generation is a global research programmeinitiated in countries that are experiencing a period of significant change, with the purpose of ensuring that young people’s voices are heard and their interests properly represented in decisions that will have lasting implications for their lives focused on youth attitudes and aspirations. The stated aims of the programme are to:
- Understand youth attitudes and aspirations
- Amplify youth voice
- Support better youth policy-making
The British Council in Ethiopia is inviting Ethiopian and international researchers to submit their tender documents for Literature Review on youth landscape and employment trends in Ethiopia, population based survey on the attitude and behaviours of Ethiopian youth, and Qualitative research on the lived experiences of young people in different settings. This high-quality research document will lay out the background in which the Next Generation Ethiopia project is to be conducted, assist with design of the questionnaires for the subsequent quantitative and qualitative research stages, and provide evidence-based inputs for the policy recommendations. The project combines policy-relevant research with a strategic communications campaign to disseminate the findings widely and use them to enhance young people’s ability to influence the policy environment.
British Council Ethiopia therefore invites interested applicants to submit a tender for: Next Generation Ethiopia in accordance with the Request for Proposal (RFP) Pack available from British Council’s e-Tendering portal hosted at https://in-tendhost.co.uk/britishcouncil and https://ethiopia.britishcouncil.org/society/request-proposal-rfp-ng-ethiopia
Please read the full research outline, and then complete Annex 1 (Qualification Questionnaire), Annex 2 (supplier response) and Annex 3 (pricing approach).
Qualifications and experience required
The British Council is looking to appoint a reputable service provider with the following qualities:
- Strong qualitative and quantitative research portfolio, evidenced by previous projects
- Expertise in conducting interviews and identifying case studies – evidenced by previous research projects and consultancy
- proven experience of conducting qualitative research studies in developing countries, preferably in Africa;
- Strong dedicated team with suitable experience and qualifications
- Knowledge and expertise of Ethiopia, particularly youth and youth issues
- proven experience of delivering well-written,clearly analysed research reports in a timely manner
- Offering good value for money
- Capacity to deliver within the timeframes set out
- Suppliers are welcome to sub-contract elements
Instructions for application
Applications must be submitted viathe British Council’s e-Tendering portal hosted at https://in-tendhost.co.uk/britishcouncil andhttps://ethiopia.britishcouncil.org/ or in person (signed and sealed) at the British Council Ethiopia office or by courier to the British Council (Office location: Comoros Street, Next to British Embassy, PO Box 1043 , Addis Ababa, Ethiopia)
- Tenders must be received by 17:00 EAT, on 28 November 2018. Tenders submitted after the due time and date will not be accepted.
- For any proposal related technical enquiries, please contact Tigist.Zerihun@et.britishcouncil.org not later than 15 November 2018 and for any difficulty to access the RFP and any of the other. documents in the e-Tendering portal hosted at https://in-tendhost.co.uk/britishcouncil please contact Biruk.email@example.com