We build connections, understanding and trust between people in the UK and other countries through arts and culture, education and the English language. The British Council employs over 10,500 staff worldwide. It has its headquarters in the UK, with offices in London, Manchester, Belfast, Cardiff and Edinburgh. Further information can be viewed at www.britishcouncil.org.
We help young people to gain the skills, confidence and connections they are looking for to realise their potential and to participate in strong and inclusive communities. We support them to learn English, to get a high-quality education and to gain internationally recognised qualifications. Our work in arts and culture stimulates creative expression and exchange and nurtures creative enterprise.
We have been working in Ethiopia since 1943. Every year we connect with thousands of students, educators, policymakers, academics, creatives and entrepreneurs in Ethiopia. The focus of our work is on providing opportunities for young people through:
- supporting young people to achieve the education, qualifications and skills needed to reach their potential in their future careers
- creating and developing new networks and platforms to give young people a voice in society.
Please check out our website www.ethiopia.britishcouncil.org to know more about the work that we do in Ethiopia.
The campaign activities have been broken down based on the different:
Development of a PR and communications plan for the British Council (with focus on the organisation as a whole and also for the different programmes)
- Development of an integrated Communications campaign plan that highlights insights, strategies and deployment tactics
Implementing PR and Communications plan to increase the awareness and engagement of the work that we do in the country
- Utilise campaign insight generated when doing the plan to employ media agencies and generate proper coverage of the work that we do
- Support the production of different campaign materials across relevant channels based on target audience and media usage insights to generate interest, engagement and conversion of target audience.
- Track campaign performance through media monitoring and other measurement techniques
Post – campaign reporting
- Provide media monitoring results along evidence (clippings, links etc)
- Post campaign initiative recommendations following insights from deployed campaigns.
- Impact analysis of the different PR and Comms initiatives implemented
- Monitoring of engagement and audience feedback on the campaign to inform future campaigns and projects.
- Any additional requirements as recommended and agreed with the supplier.
This Request for Proposal is to acquire an agency for a period of two years. The winners will be set up as a vendor for PR and Communications services provision in the British Council and we will sign a framework agreement with the organisation. Deadline for submission of RFP responses by potential suppliers is 01 March 2021.
All clarification requests should be submitted on the Procurement portal by the date indicated (by 23 February) on this email Yesuf.Kedir@et.britishcouncil.org