Whether you are a business, an educational organisation, a charitable institution or an international organisation, we have the flexibility and range of experience to work with you to meet your organisation's needs.
British Council Ethiopia has a strong track record of partnering with government ministries, private sector business, and international funding agencies to deliver projects that positively impact the lives of Ethiopian people.
- Established in 1934, the British Council has more than 200 offices in 110 countries and territories.
- We have been operating in Ethiopia since 1943 and have an office in Addis Ababa.
- A good understanding of cultural relations, languages and communities.
- Expertise in education and language teaching, all art forms, creative industries, youth and community engagement, governance and reform.
- Networks at all levels, from young learners to government ministers.
- Close working relationships with UK government departments, the British Embassy, national governments and ministries, and international government organisations.
Worldwide, in 2012
- We worked with 12.5 million people face-to-face.
- 9.5 million people attended our arts exhibitions, fairs and festivals.
- 308,000 learners received training in our English teaching centres.
- We delivered 2.7 million UK examinations.
- We supported 4 million English teachers and 41 million learners with online teaching and learning content.
- 73.3 million people used our digital channels and 485 million listened to our programmes on the radio, watched our TV programmes and read our publications.
- Our Net Promoter score was 58 per cent.
- 92 per cent of people in the annual Ipsos MORI survey of 4,000 influential participants in our programmes across 50 countries said that working with us had an impact on their professional lives.
- 81 per cent said that it had also meant changes to the organisation they work for.