We will provide you with hand gel at key access points in our buildings but also in our classroom. We encourage you to regularly wash your hands or use hand gel when in our premises.
Wearing face masks
The use of masks for teachers, staff, learners and parents will be in accordance with government regulations.
- Whenever possible, please maintain a distance of at least 1 to 2 metres with others when in our public spaces.
- We will limit the number of students in each class depending on its volume.
- We ask that you do not move furniture in our classrooms as these have been set to maximise social distancing.
- We will monitor and control the flow of students before/ after classes and during breaks.
- Breaks and entry times will be staggered.
- Floor markers will be placed at key transit locations in the building to remind you of the importance of maintaining a safe distance.
- We cannot loan you stationary. You are asked to bring your own including your own filled water bottle. No café facilities are available at this time.
Increased ventilation and cleaning
- Classrooms will be ventilated between each class and during breaks.
- All classrooms will be disinfected regularly. We may ask for your support in cleaning your desk using wipes.
- Toilets, basins, door handles, staircase handrails and other surfaces will be regularly cleaned and disinfected every day.
Limited access to our premises
- We reserve the right to refuse entry if you do not wear or wear incorrectly your mask. Your face mask must cover your mouth and nose at all times. We have a small stock of masks for visitors who may forget to bring their own.
- Temperature screening will be in place at the entrance to the British Council premises for all visitors, students and parents.
- Only students will be able to enter our centres. One parent will be able to enter, collect their child and leave promptly. We are sorry but there is no waiting area at present.
- If you are diagnosed with covid-19 (or if you have covid-19 like symptoms) please do not come to class and inform our Customer Service team of your absence
- Level checks, consultations and payment for all courses will be carried out online. The office remains closed for drop-in visitors at present
- Teachers and trainers will familiarise students with health and safety practices during their first class.
- All adult students and parents must sign a declaration form when they register stating that they are prepared to follow the safety guidelines.
- Learning activities to maximise the benefits of group working will be integrated with teaching approaches, while students maintain social distancing.
- In the event that further government restrictions cause face-to-face classes to be closed, all our classes will revert to online learning with the same teacher and at the same time where possible. Students and parents will be sent information by email on how to access remote learning.