Test Day Delivery and Logistics Coordinator
The purpose of this role is to ensure effective and efficient delivery of Exams in Addis Ababa. Handle confidential materials during the multiple exchanges in country/location in accordance to compliance standards. To manage Venue Supervisor engagement, relationship and performance. To co-ordinate and manage any risk or issue resolution, including co-ordination of customer communication directly or through customer services. To be point of contact for Venues/Venue Supervisors on the day. This role involves weekend work as part of the contracted hours.
|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Salary||Pay band: 4|
|Closing date||Sunday 11 July 2021|
Main opportunities and challenges for this role:
- There is a new Global Operating Model for Exams being implemented across the business and this role will be key to ensuring delivery of our exams operations at test centre level, working with new systems and processes and ensuring that new ways of working are taken up and adhered to.
- Acting in unforeseen situations to solve problems to ensure Test Day is successfully executed.
Main accountabilities but not limited to the following:
- The post-holder will undertake the related planning and delivery functions in preparation for Test Days in line with BC process
- Deploy engagement plan for Venue Staff. Supports decisions of Operations Manager with the selection of venue staff, sets performance expectations and maintains positive relations
- ▪ Supports the functions of confidential materials handling and the Confidential Materials Room (CMR) to ensure British Council standards are met in set up and day to day operations.
- You will receive and respond to enquiries from/to customers (candidates) in relation to test day incident reporting and may be a specific point of reference on queries relating to an area of nominated expertise or responsibility. Attention to detail is important as you will be responsible to identify where more complex issues require resolution by others and refers them on accordingly.
- Recognises and understands the impact of incidents arising (e.g. complaints, resourcing problems, logistical or technical difficulties) and proactively alerts the team leader to any issues of concern that are likely to impact service/project/task delivery or customer experience.
- The appointed candidate will support continuous improvement in the efficiency/cost effectiveness/quality of service delivery/systems in the unit or department
- And proactively work with Operations Managers to deliver satisfactory and timely resolution of customer (internal or external) complaints, coordinating input from other team members as required. Ensures the customer is kept informed throughout the process. (Complaints focused on test day incidents).
- You will undertake contingency and risk management on the ground, liaise with Customer Service, Examiner or Venue Staff to ensure alignment on communications; and also lead in providing support related to compliance or investigations on Test Day and related issues.
- You will follow agreed corporate risk management processes and procedures when delivering services (e.g. child protection, security policies, financial protocols, anti-fraud measures) to protect the interests of the BC and its customers at all times.
- Use standard procedures and templates, regularly records, analyses and reports on operational activity such as venue staff performance to support senior managers in making timely and effective business decisions that respond to operational needs.
- Monitors and takes responsibility for small-scale resources/cash/stock, following established procedures and ensures that equipment and materials are available and ready to use when needed.
- Tasks and coordinates others (e.g. internal colleagues or external contractors/suppliers) to complete time-limited, straightforward activities, within established procedures, in order to ensure efficient delivery of services. Monitors task completion to agreed quality and time standards
Role specific knowledge and experience:
- Experience working in a busy operational environment delivering high levels of customer service.
- Ability to ensure compliance, risk and security standards are monitored and maintained.
- Track record of working in a tightly controlled process driven environment
- Experience working in Exams
- Experience of supporting on delivery of computer-based exams
How to apply
Additional Information: Role holder must have existing rights to live and work in the country the role is based.