You can book your IELTS test with us online.
Before you book your test
- Make sure you have a form of valid ID (passport or national ID card) at hand, as you will need to provide details when you book your test. Please note that candidates under 18 years of age have to supply written consent by a parent or guardian in order to apply for a test place.
- Download and read our Information for Candidates, which contains important information about the test format, the question types and the test results. Please note that IELTS is not recommended for test takers under the age of 16.
- Pay for your test. You can pay for your test by a direct bank transfer to our bank account (see the instructions here) or through cash payment order (CPO) made out to British Council from any branch of the Commercial Bank of Ethiopia. Please note that we do not accept cash.
- Once you have made the payment, please bring us the following within five working days:
- a copy of the email confirming that you have been registered online
- a valid copy and original of your passport or national ID card
- a test fee cash deposit slip or CPO
If we do not receive the above documents within five working days, your application will automatically be cancelled.
IELTS test date confirmation
Once you have completed the booking process, you will receive a confirmation giving you the start time of your test and the venue address.
Your Speaking test may be scheduled on the same day as the other sections, or on a different day within a 7 day window before or after your main test day. The test centre will send you a confirmation for the Speaking Test date.
After booking your test, you will also receive an automatic email with your access codes to the free online course: Road to IELTS.
You will also receive your IELTS Reference Number to access the Test Taker Portal. Please make sure that you have included your email address correctly when you book your test.