IELTS test fees
The IELTS test fee is 160 GBP. Candidates will be required to pay the equivalent amount in Ethiopian Birr (ETB). Please check with the British Council office for the current exchange rate.
Mode of payment: you can easily pay for your IELTS exam by a direct bank transfer to our bank account (see the instructions here) or through a cash payment order (CPO) made out to British Council from any branch of the Commercial Bank of Ethiopia.
- Once you have completed the online registration process, please bring us the following within 5 working days;
- A copy of the email confirming that you have been registered online;
- A valid copy and original of your passport or national ID card;
- A test fee cash deposit slip or CPO;
- If we do not receive the above documents within 5 working days, your application will automatically be cancelled.
The exact location of the venue will be communicated to candidates one week before the exam date.
For all applications and information requests, please contact the British Council Ethiopia directly.
Available test dates
Places are assigned on a first-come first-served basis, so we recommend that candidates register two months before their chosen test. Check live information on test place availability. Please note, once all the test places have been assigned and the session is full, the test will no longer appear on our online registration system.